Thursday 27 December 2012

Tattoo Love: A guitar, pocket watch and some roses..

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Ultra Nate ~ Found A Cure
Colbie Cailat ~ The Little Things
The Cranberries ~ Put Me Down
Beth Rowley ~ So Sublime
Chris Cornell ~ Pillow of your Bones
Wolfmother ~ White Unicorn
Alanis Morrisette ~ You Learn
Tina Dico ~ Magic
Paul Weller ~ Pink on White Wall
Nickelback ~ Fight For All The Wrong Reasons
Ricky Martin ~ Livin' La Vida Loca
Nickelback ~ Money Bought
Doris Day ~ Love Me or Leave Me
Chris Cornell ~ Time

To me, tattoos are pieces of art and I have a great passion for them. And a huge amount of respect for the artists who design and create them. I don't have a specific favourite type but I really like ones that have a special meaning to them. I love to travel people's bodies..admiring their tattoos and hearing the stories behind each one of them. Some of the time the stories bring a tear to the eye...such beautiful art symbolising such sad stories. Others have made me smile and even laugh....I truly believe that tattoos are not only a form of artwork but they help keep a person's individuality in a world that is constantly wanting us to be the same...the clone effect. Ack! What a thought, eh? Those of us with tattoos are telling a story of our lives with our body artwork.

I would have many more tattoos if I wasn't so ill and it is my dream to be well enough again one day to have a few more. I found the tattoo design below recently...and I fell completely and hopelessly in smit with it. I love roses and guitars and the combination of the two...with a message that is engraved on my heart...well it's been filed under...Future Tattoo. I need this one.

Image is not my own and therefore I take no credit for its creation.
But thanks are sent out to whoever did..it Rocks!
Beautiful, isn't it? I like the simple lines and the detailing. To me it's a near perfect design and hope with all my heart that one day I shall wear it proudly on my body. Not sure where yet though...

I also have a passion for pocket watches...as the regular readers will know..lol So when I found a similar design to the one above I was bowled over. So that was another one added to Future Tattoos...lol

Image is not mine and therefore I take no credit for its creation
(Sorry about the fuzz..yes its the image and not your
eyes...~R~)
I would most definitely have them done in the black/grey/white inks...as I feel using colour in them...they would lose something in their haunting beauty. I feel like they are 'ghosts'....

I hope you have had a splendid few days whether you were taking part in the celebrations or not...lol. We kicked back and enjoyed simple foods cooked by ML and enjoyed watching movies and quietness.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Thursday is being very good to you...

~R~