Wednesday 5 December 2012

Art: Abbey Watkins ~ Illustrations

Rocket & Roses Play List:

The Gossip ~ Four Lettered Word
Brandi Carlile ~ Keep Your Heart Young
Dana Glover ~ Thinking Over
Ruqayyah ~ Turkish Coffee
Chris Cornell ~ Can't Change Me
The Blow ~ Bump It
Adam Ant ~ Puss N Boots
Dani Wilde ~ Crazy World
Muse ~ Time Is Running Out
Shania Twain ~ Ain't No Particular Way
Emma Bunton ~ Cricket Song for AnaMaria
Zac Brown Band ~ Let It Go
Xtina ~ Fighter
Brandi Carlile ~ Looking Out

Today I experienced one of those blinding moments...one of those moments when a piece of Art strikes you so deeply that you cannot talk..but just stand/sit there in silence as you are drawn further into the piece.

Until today I had never heard of the artist Abbey Watkins and now that I have I shall be following her work more closely. To see more of her work simply click here...

And the piece responsible for this today is....


Abbey Watkins ~ Confuse the Spirit

Maybe it's because I am going through major changes in my life right now...but I could feel the pull on a deeply emotional level. I found the eyes to be intoxicating...all the layers of feeling flowing through them. And I thought it was just simply beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is going well...and you enjoyed the Art...

~R~